Monday 23 September 2013

Gentle Hues

I dream of the colours that seeped out of the substance of the earth
Finding better places to be
The blinking blue of the sky,
The wet wash of the sea,
Storm grey, lachrymose
An infused broth and vapour
Foaming convalescent on the glass
Above the raging chemistry in bewildering spin

Lurking black, bleaching white
Fanged green and demented red,
Pink flesh, chaos orange, the magisteria of purple, the feast of yellow –
Keep them.
I would give a sack of silver for a mystery azure
I would trade a pound of gold for honest brown.

There is wealth on the palette of the world,
Colour me crazy,
with those left over.
I’ll take that outcast, wring out the prism invisible
Gloss mud through opalescence

For oft the lens is more valuable than the rainbow it creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment