Monday 23 September 2013

Ancient

Time is not a clock.
No gears can describe its motion
The toughest spring is sprung,
While its hour is yet young.
Hands move with no intention but their bladed own.
A face smiles, sobs, wrinkles,
Time simply glares

I am standing still
The world moves around me
My limbs in tick-tock motion
The eyes looking up from the stream
And on reflection,
Away from hands, from faces, from darkling illusion.

There is a still and silent place inside of me
Beyond any world
And in this place
I am old
A stooped immortal, worn and weary
Watching it happen as it all has before
Uncaring, unsurprised,
But for the largest ripples running
Shivers on the spine of time
That upwell the memories of days now dust
And deposit saline waters on my shore
Their electrolytic touch tingles

I smile at their nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment