Thursday 15 August 2013

Heady vapours swirl around me, cutting through the verse
Of endless empathy for a gas mask, tripping on a curse
So we say, and so it is,
For now at least.

I never new the weirdway, but I walked it anyway, and any way I liked to walk.
Quickstep. Hopped scotch and segue. Ran it. Bounced it. Swam a while. Breathed it in.
Colours swirl around me, gentle purple, 'lectric blue,
Acid green, vitriolic, cutting through each hue.
Sometimes I think my eyes are rotting, so I might stare through ghosts ever after,
See the wraithe's way, spectral lights and swamp-fires surround me, fireworks for the fifth dimension
Which is that - rhyme?
If so, they'll have to deal with the disaster
Of every line I say.
Tempered worlds try confound me, chaos can't feel right, because it's chaos. Tension.

The night is young, but growing colder.
I stare, but I can't fit through the screen.
 I'm not bright enough.
~

No comments:

Post a Comment